- Home »
- Conventions and Conferences »
- District Convention »
- Contests, Awards, Recognitions, and Scholarships »
- Contests »
- Submit Entries to the Pennsylvania District »
- Club Poster Contest - Non-Digitial
Club Poster Contest - Non-Digitial
Note: This contest is due in the district contest room before the general session on Friday evening. There will be a first, second, third, and honorable mention winners in the Pennsylvania District. The first and second place contest winners from the district will be eligible to compete in the International contest, if the entry meets the criteria.
Over the years, the Pennsylvania District has seen many clubs and individuals enter the contests and unfortunately has seen a number of clubs and individuals be disqualified because of various award criteria. The following entry tips/eligibility checklist is to be used to help highlight some of the important contest criteria that has changed or is sometimes overlooked. It is to be used to assist you in your completion of entries, but does not substitute for the official criteria set in the Key Club International Guidebook.
2017 CLUB POSTER CONTEST
Entry Tips/Eligibility Checklist
- The poster dimensions should be 18” x 24” with a variation of no more than ½” and thickness not to exceed 1/8”.
- Only one artist may be credited with creating a poster and must have dues paid to Key Club International. The PA District will accept more than one artist submitting a poster per club, but only one winning poster per club may go on to International competition.
- Current official entry form must be filled out along with certification signatures, club ID #, and our district, Pennsylvania. Affix it to the back of the poster.
- Be creative with an original artistic design that is an effective membership recruitment tool that promotes Key Club, has a good overall appearance and can be reproduced as a printed poster. It may be best to think of this as an arts and crafts poster without the use of electronics like digitial cameras and computer software.
- Be careful that the entry is not subject to copyright infringements.
2016-2017 International Guidebook Rules
Note: Each Key Club may enter one of the two following contests: Non-Digital Poster or Digital Poster. (See PA District note under tips.)
A. The Key Club International Non-Digital Poster Contest will be conducted according to the following rules:
B. The first place Non-Digital Poster Contest winner from each of the organized Key Club Districts will be eligible to compete in the contest. In the case a District does not hold a district contest using the prescribed rules of this contest, the district may select an entry by other means and so certify by signature of the District Administrator. Clubs existing within a non-districted area shall submit their entries to Key Club International. (10/02)
C. The poster should be designed to recruit new members for Key Club, and should not bear the name of any school, community, or district.
D. Entries in this category may not include material produced through electronic means, such as cameras and computer software. The poster dimensions should be 18 inches by 24 inches, with the actual height and width not varying more than one-half inch for the prescribed contest dimensions. The poster should not measure more than one-eighth inch in thickness.
E. The following information must be submitted with each entry:
1. Name of the Key Club and District.
2. Contact name and information for the artist producing the poster. The artist(s) must be a Key Club member(s).
F. Posters will be judged according to the following criteria:
Originality/Creativity.............................................................. 25 points
Effectiveness for member recruitment ............................... 25 points
Appearance and artistic expression .................................. 50 points
G. Suitable awards will be presented to first, second, and third place digital posters at International Convention.
H. Winning entries will become the property of Key Club International, and will not be returned to clubs. Key Club International reserves the right to reproduce any contest winners, providing appropriate credit to the Key Club and artist. Although a poster will not be selected based on its ability to be reproduced, keep in mind that a printer-friendly poster is more likely to be circulated following International convention than one that is difficult to produce.
I. All entries shall be in good taste and appropriate to the standards set by the Objects of Key Club International.
J. The decision of the judges is final and no changes, alterations, or regradings will take place after the results have been certified by the judges of this contest. (1/01)