- Home »
- Conventions and Conferences »
- District Convention »
- Contests, Awards, Recognitions, and Scholarships
Contests, Awards, Recognitions, and Scholarships
Key Club Members, Faculty, and Kiwanis Advisors:
Thank you for your interest in the Pennsylvania District and Key Club International Contests, Awards, Recognitions, and Scholarships. This section is aimed at providing helpful hints for filling out applications.
A few items are highlighted below to help with the application process for contests, awards, recognitions, or scholarships:
- Your Key Club (or members) do not need to attend the annual district convention to apply! It is a common misconception that a club and its members need to attend the annual district convention in order to apply. Any Key Club (or member) is encouraged to apply by the designated deadlines located on each contest, award, recognition, or scholarship. If an entry requires submission at the convention, but a club or individual is not attending, arrangements must be made with the District Administrator to secure the entry.
- Any Key Club (or members) applying must be in good standing (i.e. dues paid). A Key Club may not apply for any contests, awards, recognitions, or scholarships if the club’s current dues have not been paid. In addition, a member may not apply for individual award, if his/her membership dues have not been paid. Dues payments are subject to verification with Key Club International and the Pennsylvania District’s dues records.
- When filling out any contest, award, recognition, or scholarship, PLEASE NOTE: District does not refer to “school district”. For these forms, “district” refers to “KEY CLUB district” not your school district. For all Key Clubs in Pennsylvania, our district is “Pennsylvania.”
- International contest entry forms require Key Club ID numbers.
- PLEASE NOTE: The time period for reported activities for Key Club International contests are for activities that occurred after the start of 2017 convention (March 10, 2017) until the start of the 2018 convention (March 23, 2018). Please ensure that if you use a project, activity, article, certificate or letter that it falls between these designated dates.
- Appropriate certifications are needed for most contests, awards, recognitions, or scholarships. Please make sure that all appropriate documentation and signatures are obtained before submission. On International contest forms where faculty advisor and Kiwanis club signatures are both required on entry forms, they may not be the same person. An application may be disqualified if it does not have the required elements.
- Entries are expected to be completed by Key Club members unless indicated otherwise. It is important that Key Club members are the primary contributors in all applications. While Key Club members may seek the advice or council of Faculty or Kiwanis Advisor(s)/Member(s), the Key Club members should be the primary contributors.
- *All entries for Pennsylvania District Awards and Recognitions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, February 28, 2018
Entries that may be brought to the district convention for submission, need to be in the contest office before Friday’s General Session.
Last, we ask that all Key Club members, Faculty, and Kiwanis Advisor(s)/Member(s), please be respectful of all the contests, awards, recognitions, and scholarships offered by the Pennsylvania District and Key Club International. These are meant to recognize club and individual accomplishments and should be seen as “friendly competition”.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact District Administrator Bob Orlando (email@example.com).
Thanks and “Good Luck”!
Pennsylvania District Key Club Board and Kiwanis Committee